Log in or create new account to save this product to your wishlist.
- Complete care kit for your lawn; before and after scarifying
- Restores your grass quickly after scarifying
- Controls weed growth
- Easy lawn care kit
- Ideal for use in spring and autumn
- Easy resealable packaging for excellent shelf life
- 100% satisfaction guarantee or money back
- Used in over 100,000 gardens
Scarifying your lawn can be a scary prospect: the process stresses the lawn, and - initially - it can look much worse.
However, MOOWY’s Scarifying Kit contains everything you need for a successful project. This kit contains the following products:
- Iron Lawn Sulphate Fertililser
- Sports & Fun
- Spring Boost
Spread our Iron Sulphate Lawn Fertiliser to address the moss and darken the colour of your grass. This reinforces the grass leaves, giving them greater resistance to the stress of dethatching.
After dethatching, your grass needs intense nutrition. Our Spring Boost fertiliser stimulates recovery and quickly deepens your grass’s colour for a healthy, lush green.
Tip: Scarifying may leave bald spots, so we recommend overseeding with a rapid-grow grass type such as Sport & Fun to prevent weeds. Iron Plus can acidify the soil, so we strongly suggest the use of lime. You can order Lawn Lime separately or buy it in the Scarifying Bundle Complete.
Iron Sulphate Lawn Fertiliser
|N – Nitrogen||3%||Stimulates the growth of the grass leaf|
|P – Phosphorus||7%||Promotes root growth|
|K – Potassium||10%||Improves disease resistance|
|MgO – Magnesium Oxide||3%||Stimulates cell structure and green colour for better photosynthesis|
|Iron Sulphate||8%||Prevent moss growth and makes scarifying easier while strengthening the plant structure
Iron Sulphate Lawn Fertilliser colours your grass a deep, lush green, helping the lawn recover after its winter dormancy or scarification.
Iron sulphate is suitable for all lawn types (with or without moss).
Spring Boost | Lawn fertiliser
|N – Nitrogen||12%||Stimulates the growth of the grass leaf|
|P – Phosphorus||5%||Promotes root growth|
|K – Potassium||5%||Improves disease resistance|
|MgO – Magnesium Oxide||2%||Stimulates cell structure and green colour for improved photosynthesis
Give your lawn a year-round lush, green, and healthy look with Spring Boost fertiliser. Grass fertiliser specially designed for use during the spring but also perfect for summer and autumn application.
Sports & Fun | Coated grass seed
|Perennial Ryegrass||60%||Establishes quickly. Has a fairly fine structure|
|Red fescue||35%||Fine structure. Ensures a full and thick lawn|
|Kentucky Bluegrass||5%||Very fine structure with sideways growth for strength
MOOWY Sport & Fun grass seed is a fast-germinating seed mix that ensures rapid growth for high-use lawns.
Resilient, beautiful, and ready for action, Sport & Fun grass seed stands up to a proper battering.
Period of use
* Spring and autumn are ideal for scarifying the lawn
*Grass seed and fertiliser can be used simultaneously
IMPORTANT: The action of Iron Sulphate needs two weeks time. Therefore, wait two weeks after spreading Iron Sulphate before scarifying.
- Remove leaves and green waste. Do not cut the grass shorter than 5 cm.
- Wear gloves and safety glasses when spreading Iron Sulphate.
- Divide Iron Sulphate into two equal parts. Sprinkle one part horizontally and the other vertically over the lawn. This ensures that the fertiliser is well distributed.
- Wipe away excess product from the patio and other paved surfaces to avoid staining.
- Water the lawn lightly to speed up absorption. This is not necessary if rain is predicted.
- After two weeks, the moss turns black and the lawn may be scarified.
- Scarify the lawn two weeks after spreading the Iron Sulphate Lawn Fertiliser. Want to know how to do that? Then read our article about scarifying the lawn.
- Divide Spring Boost into two equal parts. Sprinkle one part horizontally and the other vertically over the lawn. This ensures that the fertiliser is well distributed.
- Also divide the Sports & Fun grass seed into two equal parts. Sprinkle one part horizontally and the other vertically over the lawn. This will ensure that the grass seed is well distributed. Sprinkle a little more grass seed on bare spots in the lawn to seal them.
- Make sure the grass seed makes good contact with the soil. For example, you can drag a rake upside down through the lawn (i.e. without hooking the tines into the soil).
- Water immediately. Young grass must not dry out so maintain soil moisture for at least two weeks by watering the lawn regularly.
- After three weeks, the grass can be cut. Avoid treading on the lawn until the first mowing.
|Soil type||For all types of grass and soil|
|Sowing rate||25 g/m²|
|Period of use||All-year-round, in temperatures above 5° celsius|
|Type||Granulate, 2-3 mm|
|Safety||Not harmful for children and pets after application|
Pamper your lawn…